History of the Tulsa Handweavers Guild:
The first account of a handweavers “club” was in a newspaper report written in 1941.
Little was documented of this early club and it was not until 1953 that a notice appeared
announcing that a meeting was to be held at the YWCA with the purpose of formally
organizing a “Handweavers’ Guild” in Tulsa.
Twenty-five women were present at this meeting held on May 1, 1953.
On June 5, 1953, the “Eastern Oklahoma Weavers Guild” became a formal organization
and Mrs. N.J. Gubser was chosen as chairperson of the Guild.
The Guild is fortunate to have a rich weaving history and exciting future.
Many of our members are published authors, recognized teachers,
and highly respected members of the weaving community.
Disclaimer: "Weaving is highly addictive!
*Note: No endorsement is intended or made of any hypertext link, product, service, or information either by its inclusion or exclusion from this page or site. While all attempts are made to insure the correctness and suitability of information under our control and to correct any errors brought to our attention, no representation or guarantee can be made as to the correctness or suitability of that information or any linked information presented, referenced, or implied. These links are provided to allow users to research possible sources of weaving related material and products, users follow these links and do business with the linked owners at their own risk and hold all parties involved in this site harmless in so doing. Tulsa Handweavers Guild members may contact the Web administrators to correct, submit links for consideration, or submit a request to have specific links removed for cause.